Enrollment at Summit Christian Academy
Admission Requirements for Parents:
- Parents must be supportive of building character qualities from the Evangelical Christian perspective and support the Christian educational process in their home.
- Parents must desire a Christian education for their children, not just desire to remove them from a negative situation. The student shall be willing to attend SCA and come in good standing academically and behaviorally.
- Parents must agree to support all SCA policies, procedures, and actions without spreading dissension or strife.
Admission Requirements for Students:
- Minimum Age: Kindergarten children must be five years of age by midnight, August 31st, as stated in WAC 180 39 010. A child entering first grade must be six years of age as of midnight, August 31st, of that year, as stated in WAC 180 39 015.
- Kindergarten Readiness Screening: Each student who applies for enrollment will be administered the Readiness Screening evaluation, which helps determine school readiness. Recommendations for acceptance will be made from the results of the screening.
- Each student must be in good standing from the previous school attended, i.e., passing marks academically and a good behavior record. A student with poor academic performance or behavior problems will be placed on probation for one quarter; if results are improved, the student will be officially enrolled at SCA.
- Secondary students, grades 6-12, must verbally and in written form committed to their willingness to attend SCA.
- The student must be willing to abide by all the procedures and rules of SCA.
Summit Christian Academy admits students of any race, sex, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the SCA. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, athletic, and other school-administered programs.