• Exchange Students

    Exchange Students

    Exchange Students who are ready to learn in mainstream classes are welcome to apply for admission to SCA.

Exchange Students

Exchange students (F-1 visa) are welcome to apply for admission to Summit Christian Academy (SCA) if they are:

  • Junior High (grades 6–8)
  • High School (grades 9–12)
  • Proficient in English
  • Ready to learn
  • Ready to be a part of a Christian school environment

SCA offers college-preparatory academics, including Advanced Placement (AP) courses, Dual Enrollment (DE) courses, and a well-rounded approach to education including sports, arts, and music. SCA issues I-20 status to students who meet all our general admissions requirements and who will be living with a Christian host family during their stay.


Download the SCA Exchange Student Application packet, complete, scan, and email it to summitacademy@ncek12.com. Then mail the original forms to SCA: 4224 E. Fourth Ave, Spokane, WA 99202.

The following steps must be completed prior to starting the admissions process:

  1. Be sure to check for completion and obtain all necessary signatures. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
  2. Provide all documentation that indicates the student’s academic abilities and transcripts for the past two years or all high school years; documentation must be translated into English.
  3. Provide the certificate of immunization and physical examination signed by a doctor.
  4. Include a photocopy of the student’s valid passport.
  5. Pay a non-refundable annual application fee of $500. If applying for one semester, pay $250. You can schedule auto-withdrawal or money transfers through Western Union.


The following steps must be completed to finalize the I-20 process:

  1. Provide a copy of the parent’s passport or other legal documents showing their relationship to the student.
  2. Read, understand, and agree with SCA policy as indicated in the Exchange Student Guide.
  3. Provide at least five color photographs of the student (family, vacation, sports, hobbies, etc). Digital photographs are acceptable.
  4. Provide a host family’s contact information, physical address, and guardianship Agreement and Consent forms completed by the legal parent(s) or appointed guardian(s). This is applicable if the host family information is available. If not, SCA will assist with finding a host family within the SCA community.
  5. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee after SCA accepts the student/issues the I-20. For more information go to http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students.


The Immigration and Naturalization Service form I-20 A-B/ID (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status – for Academic and Language Students) is the student’s proof that they are allowed to study in the United States as an F-1 student. The student takes the I-20 A-B/ID to a United States consulate to obtain a student visa.

When the student arrives in the United States, they should receive a Form I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) that will include their admission number to the United States. An Immigration Inspector will write this admission number on the USCIS Form I-20 A-B/ID. The Immigration Inspector will then send pages one and two of this form, known as I-20 A-B, to SCA as a record of the student’s legal admission to the United States. The student is expected to keep pages three and four, known as the I-20 ID. The I-20 ID document is the student’s proof that they are allowed to study in the United States as an F-1 student. The Form I-94 is to be kept safe by the student, since it is the student’s legal proof that they entered the United States legally.

Within the first 15 days of entering the United States, the student must present to SCA their passport, the valid F-1 entry visa stamped in the passport (if necessary), and the USCIS Form I-94. SCA will make photocopies of the documents and update USCIS records.

The tuition and the International Student Fee must both be paid before the first day of class.