1. Application Terms & Agreements
1.1 Statement of Faith
- I understand that each subject within the SCA curriculum is Christian-based and agree to have my student fulfill SCA’s requirements.
- I understand that Bible is a required course at SCA per the accreditation requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). By enrolling our student(s) at SCA, we agree to follow the Biblical standards as outlined in the Family Handbook found on SCA’s website.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to familiarize myself with the Family Handbook. Please note that the terms “parent” and “guardian” are used interchangeably at SCA.
- I understand that I will be invited to register with the SCA Parents app (an online platform and mobile application for parents/guardians). I agree to check my SCA Parents app account at least once a week for school news and updates.
- I understand the importance of my commitment and involvement to ensure success for my student, so I will make sure to create a focused learning environment at home where my student will be able to complete schoolwork without distractions.
- I agree to check the email account that I provided on the enrollment form on a weekly basis for news from SCA regarding events, notices, and tuition, and I agree to respond as applicable.
- I understand that students in grade 12 who meet SCA graduation requirements and comply with their state’s school requirements, in general, are accepted by public and private colleges and universities nationwide. I also understand that some colleges and universities have unique admission requirements, so it is my responsibility to contact colleges/universities that I am considering to determine what, if any, additional admission requirements exist.
- I understand that SCA may highlight or showcase students with SCA’s stakeholders and/or for marketing purposes through internal or external communication, and that typically the student’s first name, last initial, and grade level would be used, except in cases where I provide written permission allowing for more personally identifiable information. An example includes a recording of a student spelling bee contest, which may include the winning student’s first name, last initial, grade level, and state of residence.
- I understand SCA will track my student’s school progress. I agree to notify the SCA office via phone in case of my student's absence as soon as possible.
- I understand that, as an approved and accredited private online school, SCA abides by a truancy policy and as such reserves the right to withdraw a student who shows little or no progress within one quarter.
- I understand that SCA reserves the right to deny enrollment to any student if the administration team believes that the family is unable to support their student’s academic needs sufficiently.
- I understand that in the event that I choose to withdraw my student from SCA for any reason and at any time, I am responsible for abiding by the withdrawal policy. I also understand that when I and/or another school request records from SCA, three to five business days may be required for the SCA office to prepare and send records to my student’s next school.
- I understand that a report card/transcript will not be released until the withdrawal fee and tuition due are paid; this withdrawal policy applies if the withdrawal is initiated by myself or the SCA administration due to lack of payment, low academic progress, low attendance, and/or failure to comply with SCA policies.
- I authorize SCA to electronically charge my debit card, credit card, or bank account for tuition and, if necessary, to electronically charge my debit or credit card to correct an erroneous transaction. I also understand that SCA may send the account to a debt collection agency if accounts are determined uncollectible.
All families need to opt into various forms of communication from SCA, including email, SMS text, and use of the SCA Parents app.
- I understand that my student is expected to adhere to SCA’s online student behavioral policies as presented in the Family Handbook. I understand that if my student’s online or in-person activities pose a security risk to SCA or its students, SCA will take immediate action to disable their school accounts at which time a meeting will be arranged between the student, their parents/guardians, and the administration to discuss potential disciplinary actions to prevent such behavior.
- We keep SCA families’ information confidential and do not sell any personally identifiable information acquired through their use of the SCA website, the submission of forms, and receiving services.
Disabling cookies in your browser:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You can also call us at (509) 924-4618 or write us at:
Summit Christian Academy
4224 E. Fourth Ave
Spokane, WA 99202
3. Website Terms of Service
3.1 Terms of Service for SCA
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
3.2 Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as 'Resources'), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
3.4 Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are "as is" and "as available".
This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- The use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- The use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- Any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
- Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from SCA or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
3.5 Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. SCA will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
3.6 Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
3.7 Governing Policies
This website is controlled by SCA from our offices located in the State of Washington, United States and can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of Washington, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of Washington, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in the United States. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, SCA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Page last edited on November 2, 2023.
If there are any questions regarding the above user agreements, you may contact us using the information provided.
Summit Christian Academy
4224 E. Fourth Ave
Spokane, WA 99202
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any of the following:
- Reset the password associated with your SCA app account.
- Delete your SCA app account.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the SCA app account.