Careers at SCA
Salvation Christian Academy (SCA) is a private Pre-School through Grade 12 Christian School whose mission is to provide Christian parents and their students with a quality, Christ-centered education which is biblically, spiritually, physically, socially, and academically sound. We seek to teach God's truth through a biblical world-view and to demonstrate accomplishment of that mission by producing graduates capable of successfully pursuing a vocation as well as making aesthetic, political, and moral decisions based on biblical principles.
SCA is seeking a full time elementary school teacher to start end of August 2016. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, a Washington teaching credential, and either hold or are willing to obtain ACSI certification. A successful candidate will be familiar with technology in both communicating to parents as well as implementing superior classroom instructional practices. A desire to grow and continuously improve with the school and staff is expected. We have a great family here, and are interested in a candidate who loves the Lord, loves students, and has a sense of humor.
Our school is a direct ministry of Northwest Christian Education (NCE), and our teaching staff members are viewed as an extension of the pastoral teachings of NCE. We are seeking a teacher holding like faith and doctrine.
The Teacher at SCA will instruct and inspire students to learn and master the curricular goals, standards, and benchmarks. As a teacher, integrating a Christian worldview, 21st century pedagogy and technology, differentiation, and high standards, the ideal candidate will be joining a strong team of experienced faculty. Communicating with students and parents is essential in order to provide up-to-date academic and behavioral progress of each and every student.
- BA/BS, valid teaching credential
- Spiritually mature-a strong Christian walk; inspires and encourages students to seek God’s will for their lives
- Enthusiastic about teaching and loving students-seeing each child strive to reach their potential academically, spiritually, socially, physically
- Strong pedagogical skills that result in student learning
- Organized and proactive
- Effective communicator-orally as well as in written format
- Relational with proven rapport-has a passion for students
- Effective planner-communicates well in advance; seeks input; heads off problems by effective planning, scheduling, and communicating
- Team player-able to work with others-contributing ideas and receiving wisdom from others
- Self starter-a person who can overcome obstacles and make things happen with a positive attitude
- Committed to the mission and philosophy of SCA
- Meet weekly with the principal for personal accountability
- Work as a team member by supporting and promoting other programs, classes, teachers, and students
- Effectively teach all students-those who need extra assistance and those who need extra challenging
- Integrate a Christian worldview throughout the curriculum
- Knowledgeable in content standards and able to use technology (computer, software applications, etc.)
To Learn More, Apply Today!